Foundations of Web data management
The goal of the Webdam project is to develop a formal model for Web data management. This model will open new horizons for the development of the Web in a well-principled way, enhancing its functionality, performance, and reliability. Specifically, the goal is to develop a universally accepted formal framework for describing complex and flexible interacting Web applications featuring notably data exchange, sharing, integration, querying and updating. We also propose to develop formal foundations that will enable peers to concurrently reason about global data management activities, cooperate in solving specific tasks and support services with desired quality of service. Although the proposal addresses fundamental issues, its goal is to serve as the basis for future software development for Web data management.
- Alice website of the book “Foundation of Database” by Serge Abiteboul, Rick Hull, Victor Vianu
- Active XML website of the previous project Active XML
- Lessons of Serge Abiteboul at “Collège de France”
- GEMO VERSO archives publications of former teams of Serge Abiteboul
- Jorge website of the book “Web Data Management and Distribution” by Serge Abiteboul, Ioana Manolescu, Philippe Rigaux, Marie-Christine Rousset, Pierre Senellart
The Webdam project is funded by the European Research Council under the European Community’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) / ERC grant Webdam, agreement n° 226513.
- Supported by the European Research Council
- Timing: 2009-2013
- Host Institution: INRIA Saclay–Ile-de-France
- Hosting groups: Leo at Orsay (LRI – Univ. Paris Sud) and Dahu (LSV – Ecole Normale Superieure de Cachan)
- Prime investigator: Serge Abiteboul
- The project is strongly influenced by the ActiveXML project.
The Webdam project is a follow up of the Active XML project.
- STREP Fox : Foundations of XML, leaded by Luc Segoufin
- DataRing : Distributed data management, leaded by Patrick Valduriez, granted by ANR
- DocFlow : Verification of Active XML, leaded by Anca Muscholl, granted by ANR
- SeCo : search computing, leaded by Stefano Ceri, granted by ERC
- Gossple : web search in P2P, leaded by Anne-Marie Kermarrec, granted by ERC
- SMScom : Self-Managing Situated Computing, leaded by Carlo Ghezzi, granted by ERC
Webmaster: Émilien Antoine, You may mail the webmaster at webdam-webmasters at inria.fr.